As you all well know and as we informed you in this article, Jake Burton Carpenter passed away this past November. Jake had a great influence on all of us in the world of snowboarding. We are pleased to share with you that Burton created a special day to honor the memory and legacy of Jake and invites you to take part in a Day for Jake on March 13. The invitation directly from Burton says it best:
With Jake’s passing this past November, the snowboarding community lost its greatest champion. We have been overwhelmed with the continuous messages of support from all over the globe.
Burton has decided to do something all together, on a huge, global level: on Friday, March 13th, 2020, we aim to honor the memory and legacy of Jake Burton Carpenter by coming together to do what he loved most—snowboard.
Thirteen resorts globally are joining A Day for Jake by offering free lift tickets to snowboarders on March 13th,marking the first time resorts have opened their slopes, for free, to snowboarders.
All riders are invited to ride for free in the following resorts, that stand out as emblematic of Jake’s vision of an ideal snowboarding experience:
- Boyne Mountain, Michigan, USA
- Summit at Snoqualmie, Washington, USA
- Big Sky Resort, Montana, USA
- Avoriaz, France, Europe
- Absolut Park, Flachauwinkl, Austria, Europe
- Copper Mountain/Woodward Copper, Colorado, USA
- Boreal/Woodward Tahoe, California, USA
- LAAX, Switzerland, Europe
- Cypress Mountain, Vancouver, Canada
- Stratton Mountain, Vermont, USA
- Bear Mountain, California, USA
- Madonna Di Campiglio, Italy, Europe
- Seki Onsen Resort, Nigata, Myoko, Japan
We would like to reach out and personally invite you, your colleagues, friends and families to join us all on this day for Jake.
More information for you about the day:
- Pre-registration is required at the event website for a free lift ticket and lift tickets are for snowboarders only. Registration ends on March 8th.
- Snowboarders around the world are also invited to independently celebrate A Day for Jake by simply getting out and riding anywhere on March 13th and sharing their experience on social media. Let’s load those mountains up with as many snowboarders as we can.
- Day For Jake armbands and stickers are available at Burton Stores and downloadable at A Day For Jake. They will also be distributed on March 13th to all registered participants in the resorts mentioned above.
- Share your A Day For Jake experience using the hashtag #RideonJake.
In honor of Jake, Burton Stores will be closed on March 13. As an industry and as a community we will come together for this day to remember, reflect and ride together. It will continue on as a tradition to carry Jake’s spirit forward, to share our love of snowboarding and the joy of a perfect turn. We hope you think this is as special as we do.