Building resilience through innovation and change management
In October 2022, WSF took part if the official kick-off meeting of the CHANGE project in the sport center of Papendal in Arnhem, the Netherlands, at the occasion of the European Sport Platform (ESP) organized by the project coordinator, the European Non-Governmental Sports Organisation (ENGSO).
WSF is a partner in this 36-month Erasmus+ Sport co-funded project, which objective is to develop an educational program on innovation and change management tailored for sport federations and umbrella sport organizations that work with and support the grassroots sport sector.
« Innovation and change management » will be broken down into three main focus areas: digital transformation, sustainability strategies, inclusion and engagement.
The WSF members will be involved in creating the educational program and benefiting from its content to be better equipped with resources and knowledge on how to build resilience and face critical contexts, such as the Covid-19 pandemic or the current energy crisis.
CHANGE – Cooperation for Change Management and Innovation in Sports involves researchers, innovation experts and sport professionals from 11 partner organizations and from 9 different countries:
- European Non-Governmental Sports Organisation (ENGSO) – Sweden
- World Snowboard Federation (WSF) – Austria
- Malmö University (MAU) – Sweden
- N3xt sports – Spain
- European Association for Sport Management (EASM) – The Netherlands
- Organizzazione Per l’Educazione allo Sport (OPES) – Italy
- Latvian Sports Federations Council (LSFC) – Latvia
- Union of sports Federations in Catalunya (UFEC) – Spain
- Basics sports club (Basics) – Belgium
- Sport and Sustainability International (SandSI) – Switzerland
- The National Olympic Committee and Sports Confederation of Denmark (DIF) – Denmark
Learn more about CHANGE Project here.